4th of July in Crested Butte – 2014
Here’s the lowdown on what to do in Crested Butte if you are lucky enough to be here for the 4th of July celebrations!
- 6:30 a.m. FREE shuttle departs to Gothic for start of 1/3 Marathon race at the 4-way stop in Crested Butte (Elk Avenue and 6th Street)
- 7:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. Crested Butte Fire & EMS Department’s Pancake Breakfast at the fire station in Crested Butte
- 8:00 a.m. 44th Annual Gothic to Crested Butte 1/3 Marathon (proceeds benefit the Rocky Mountain Biological Lab)
- 10:00 a.m. Food Court & Budweiser Beer Garden Open
- 11:00 a.m. Best Parade in America!
- 12:00 p.m. (following parade) – FREE MUSIC: CBMF Patriotic Brass Band, 3rd and Elk Avenue in Crested Butte
- 1:00 p.m. FREE Live Music with Mine Control, 3rd and Elk Avenue in Crested Butte
- 2:30 p.m. Pie Eating Contest
- 3:00 p.m. Hot Dog Eating Contest
- 6:00 – 9:30 p.m. FREE MUSIC: Yarn and Drew Emmitt on the Red Lady Stage Crested Butte Mountain Resort (Glow sticks, Food, Beverages and Fun for all!)
- 8:30 p.m. Announce Winner of Raffle!
- 9:30 p.m. Fireworks at the Base Area, Crested Butte Mountain